Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 1 August 2006

Kids say the darnest things!

When Kieran was 3 and playing his trucks & all those wheelie stuff, I urged him to clean up before tucking him in. He bargained for 5 more minutes and I reasoned that his toys would wait up for him when he returns from childcare the next day, afterall, they have no "legs" to run away from home. He rebutted that "but Mommy, they have wheels!" Gosh, was I tongue-tied? I was astounded and I hope that chapter stays in my obsolete CPU (my brain) for as long as I want.

Kieran is a doll, well not literally. His Kindergarten principal told me that he is a sensitive and passionate boy. When he sees his teacher "holding" her tummy, he asked her "Miss Foong, are you having a tummy ache?" or when he sees his friends not drinking their water, he would go "you have to drink, or else you will fall sick!"


Since birth, Kieran has been sleeping with hubby & I in the master bedroom. On the night I returned home from the hospital after delivering Raeyen, he said to me "Mommy, I will sleep with kak-kak in the orange room today ok?" Kak-kak means "sister" in Bahasa Indonesia, she is Yani - our domestic helper and caregiver to the kids. I had mixed feelings after hearing that - 1. our first born has grown up; 2. if he would feel that we are "ditching" him? I am pleased to report that Kieran has since been sleeping in his own orange bedroom (but he still wears pull-ups!).

"When kids hit the age of one, they're like miniature drunks. You have to hold them. They bump into things. They laugh, then two minutes later they're crying. They drool." Johnny Depp

0 cherubic angels: