Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 15 May 2007

I'm Tired

Kieran's school work and Raeyen's cries are making me crazy. What am I to do to make them as angelic as possible? Or what have I not done right as a parent?

Kieran gets angry easily, Raeyen wants his way and screams all the time. Kieran is restless, Raeyen is full of energy.

They fight, Kieran doesn't give in, Raeyen throws toy at him. Kieran is possessive, Raeyen is persistent.

They whine, Kieran wants Mommy to do things for him while others can do just fine, even though Mommy may be occupied; Raeyen wants Mommy when Kieran goes near her.

Rushing home from work every day, despite more workload. Worrying about Kieran's academic development and character building, and Raeyen's well-being.

Kieran told me a horrific incident that Siti (helper) brought Raeyen when fetching him from childcare, and he saw Raeyen riding the swing car on the service road.

Siti is ultra-sensitive, little telling sends her tears down. She cried during 2 occasions in less than a month, for reason she refused to tell, only mentioned "I thought I did things wrong" upon probing. We miss Yani (ex-helper). Siti makes me worry more but she's already the third helper since Yani left.

Working day lunchtime is the only time I feel liberated - retail therapy becomes my quick-fix to daily home stress and the stress to achieve a work-life balance.

What's the best option?

Stay at home to mind the boys? I wish BUT impossible!

4 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

Sorry to hear that you have so stressful lately...

Sometimes the kids are fighting coz they are seeking for attention. Perhaps you can try to spend indivdual time with each of them? I know it is difficult as you are a working mum... I aways admire working mum as you need to handle work and family. Perhaps just a few hours with each of them. I also get my parents or godparents to help to take care of one while I spend time with the other.

I talked to both of them too, to make them understand that mommy need to spend quality time with each of them too. As L is older, she understand better.

Don't forget to have some ME time also :) Have you thought of working part time or working from home? Hope you don't find me a kaypoh. :)

Valencia said...

Hey,
hang in there! I know what its like and honestly, its not the best place to be (work,kids coming all together). But you have been doing so well, juggling all your responsibilities and still have time to enjoy quality time with kids, taking them to parks etc. Sometimes, we need to take a recharge and every now and then a good pit stop, and we are ready to roll again.
Take care and hugs.......Val
PS: how did you enjoyed the Phantom?

Valencia said...

you ok, pris?

shopaholic said...

hi ladies, thanks for your concern.

Balancing between work & life is really tough.

I get a breather when I go away on trips. But I always have a before and after trip guilt feeling, wonder if that's the same for most working moms?

Val, Phantom was amazing but I agree that the chandelier "drop" was too mild to create a dramatic impact. I love the river scene with loads of dry-ice effect. This is also a little break I get from time to time away from the kids... but the guilt gets into me too. When I got home, both were asleep.

Don't worry about me, I just wanna an outlet to vent my frustration and bottled-up feelings.