Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday 3 May 2007

Mommy trap

Read another article by Frances Ong in today's Today, page 28 titled "Let's Not Take Our Laptops To Bed".

I could see me in her article, occasionally bringing work home and working at night. Sometimes feeling "imbalanced" between work and family. The demands to perform well as an employee and mother. During my last performance appraisal, my boss asked if I would like to do "more" on marketing than communications (the former has a better prospect in our company = promotion opportunity = more travelling and longer working hours). I considered his proposal and chose to stay put for obvious reasons - Kieran is going into formal schooling soon and Raeyen is still in his toddlerhood.

The devil in me selfishly thought that I wouldn't choose to have kids if I could turn back the clock. If not for them, I probably would:
1) be a high-flyer, driving my dream car - Lexus RX300, buying whatever I fancy and holidaying in Europe and exotic places such as Maldives at least once a year!
2) still be 46kg with no strechmarks and could flaunt in my pink floral bikini from Tannlines.
3) be better off...

There is of course no turning back! Kieran and Raeyen will always be my angels who bring me laughter and tears, satisfaction and frustration, happiness and sadness, proud moments and embarrassments, etc. Having them complete me as a wife to my hubby for the love we have shared.

2 cherubic angels:

Valencia said...

Oh yeah! tell me about it , I am quite far away from my pre-preggy weight :-(

shopaholic said...

Oh, I'm sure you are alot better judging from your photos and your regular exercise regime!