Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 13 January 2008

Airport Proud



Took the kids to our spanking new Terminal 3 at the Changi Airport today.

The Kindy brought Kieran and his classmates to T3 weeks before it was officially opened and he told me it was a beautiful terminal.

Indeed it was, we parked at basement 3, took one level up and were greeted by a huge foodcourt managed by Kopitiam. Promoters were handing out black balloons to kids about the chic foodcourt.

We took a lift to level 2, there were cascades of ferns on the walls and a moving blade-like mill at the hall. Took some photos and a short videoclip.



We then went to level 4 to the viewing mall but were disappointed that there was only one plane and the view was relatively far. However, we have great view to the restricted immigration area from the top. Shops were nice and easy to find compared to T2.

Before we had a short tea-break at Wang Jiao for kaya-butter toasts, runny eggs and milo, we rode the return Skytrain to T2 to complete the visit.

The spacious T3 was opened on 9 Jan 08 while I returned from Shanghai on 10 Jan morning and so I thought I might have the chance to land on the new terminal but it was good old T2 to my dismay. However, I was glad that North Asia bound flights will depart from T3 and I may be going to HK in March.

I can't wait to experience it and am proud of our airport - it's latest terminal no less.

0 cherubic angels: