Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Spellbound

Kieran's into K2 this year and his English and Chinese spelling started from this term.

It certainly gets tougher as the words are thematic. Next week's spelling list has "food", "healthy", "breakfast", "lunch" and "dinner".

While he got all correct for his past 2 spelling tests (carrot, broccoli, spinach, tomato, cabbage last week and pear, mango, papaya, pineapple and durian today), it was not without coaching in the evenings and weekends. Coaching him on English spelling is tough as his loses focus fast. Once he managed to spell all correct when I tested him, he may have mental block to 1-2 words the next moment - this I cannot comprehend.

As for Chinese spelling, teaching him the "strokes" (bi hua) is also not easy but it is still easier than to guide him on English spelling. In Chinese spelling, he either makes careless mistakes or the strokes look out of proportion.

Sometimes, these moments could make me lose my cool and feeling so frustrated. BUT I never once want to give up on him. I might have scolded him BUT I always remind him that I BELIEVE IN HIM, that he could do it.

3 cherubic angels:

Valencia said...

That's a new layout, Pris!
And a lovely photo of handsome Kieran

shopaholic said...

Thanks Val!

I'm so excited about our impending holiday to HuaHin.

Ive booked a 2-way transfer at Baht5,000, I think the price is ok?

Valencia said...

yes. that's the rate I got last june(?)

booked your hotel yet? beach at marriot is good, but rooms kinda run down.What's good is also that kids eat for free (with every eating adult) so saves some $.

Hilton has got huge rooms, but beach is more rocky. You do get to see sea creatures washed up on shore here though.

So nice, I've been pestering Hubs about going to Hua Hin again, soon.