Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 8 August 2008

P1 registration frenzy

We have no affiliation to any schools or clans or churches, we did no volunteer work, we have no "connections", as such we can only register Kieran under Phase 2C (whatever this means).

Maybe we did not do enough... Nevertheless, it's an emotionally tiring exercise as all parents only want the best for their kids within their means. I don't know if our current registration system is the right one but it's %&$#*&!

So now we are unsuccessful at Phase 2C balloting for kids who stay within 1km from school, what is our next "best" alternative? We have to register him at any school that still has vacancies.

I hate to say this... but I DON'T LIKE THE SYSTEM! Period.

To add to my dismay, I wasn't even in town during registration and had to rely on hubby to update me of yesterday's disappointing result. Perhaps GOD has better plans for Kieran. At least I'll be home on National Day morning.

I'm now 17 hours away from the opening of the 29th Olympic Games in Beijing.

3 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

I don't like the system too. I can understand how you feel coz that's what happened to my girl last year. We stayed within 1km and we were balloted out.

It is sad... I know of others using grandparents address or rented appt within 1km and they got in! WE, who stayed nearby all these years were balloted out! This is so unfair!

Like what you have said, God has other plans for Kieran. Wish you luck in getting another school for him :)

Valencia said...

the &*^%$& system sucks, big time! I am in it with you, sister!

shopaholic said...

thanks for sharing my sentiment. we can only hope he can excel in whatever currently "unpopular" school.