Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 17 March 2009

A nice afternoon with Kieran

This week begins the first week of school holiday in 2009.

I took leave to spend some time with the kids. After Kieran's cartoon drawing class yesterday, the whole family had lunch at Swensen's to enjoy its 1-for-1 weekday lunch promotion. After lunch, I took him to my hairstylist for a hair cut while I have my usual hair treatment. Kieran has never stepped into a professional hair salon (he either goes to a"ma-ma" shop or those $10 Japanese-styled quick-cut hair shops) before and this was his maiden experience and he likes it very much.

Despite having a good lunch, he asked me to bring him for some food after the haircut. So I took him to Hairloom & Caramel for another new cafe dining experience. That was my second visit. Previously, I dined there with Ivy and Josephine where I had tofu salad ($7.50) and they had chicken salad in honey mustard dressing ($8.50), with a cup of homemade lemongrass drink on the house.

Once we stepped in, Kieran already likes it. Looking at the montage above, you too, will fall in love with its quirky decor and ambience. I like the upholstery of the chairs and stools in particular, as well as the wall mural. I read from a magazine that the owners designed the place and bought the furniture. My hungry son, who is in a growth spurt now, had creme brulee (my fav too) and a eggnog cup cake while I only had its signature Vita Plum (ice-blended vitagen with sour plum).

It's nice to spend a quiet afternoon with my little boy to bond and talk nonsense. Wonder when will I do the same with my other little boy, Raeyen.

0 cherubic angels: