Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 5 February 2007

Drop-dead tired ^*^

I was dead tired over the weekends!

The kids were keeping me on my toes all the time, I have never felt so "wanted" or demanded for in my life. I was like a juggler and a master of multi-tasking. Kudos to those SAHM without help!

Just finished reading J Picoult's Salem Falls, a great read on witchcrafts, deceptions, wrongful deeds but some points were quite predictable.

Val, I don't want to trouble you to send me your J Picoult's books, I will just rent from San, thanks though!

Kieran returned home from school with a CD ROM of photos taken at the childcare centre and a spelling list for February, and I think it's getting tougher!

7 Feb: Nose, Eyes
14 Feb: Hand, Arm
21 Feb: Toes, Legs

Kieran's last Sunday music lesson @ Yamaha was OK but I didn't agree with his teacher's expectation of him to master the skill of "drawing" the notes well. At 4.5 years, his fine motor skill in handling a pencil and drawing perfectly straight line and oval notes is not 100% plausible.

When she checked his homework of 4 sets of 3 shaded single-beat notes of mi, re, do, she asked if he did them himself. I said I guided by holding his hand. She said I should have let him do on his own. I said I did since his first homework from her but he freaked out because I was expecting him to perfect the strokes and ovals after numerous erasing and scolding. I told her he has tremendous pressure as 10 of 12 kids in the class are all older than him though this class is meant for 4 year olds. Obviously the rest (some look like already in P1) can do better. Even his Kindergarten teachers told me it's not possible to expect kids his age to perfect those strokes. If his oval is not that oval, she would comment it looked like a potato, or why was there a tail, etc.

I don't want to upset Kieran and hope he still enjoys music class, but not a torture to him. I called Yamaha main office and was told a music professional would call me to explain the syllabus and expectations.

0 cherubic angels: