Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 14 August 2007

Kids' TV Programme

Read from this website that Shaun the Sheep is a funny clay animation programme for kids. Then I chanced upon it on Disney Channel by SCV cable at 5.30pm today. Yeah, I wasn't at work today as my prolonged cough turned so bad that my throat hurt and was given a day's rest by the doc. Anyway, coming back to Shaun the Sheep... it's really is funny and Shaun is a baa-ry intelligent sheep. Try to catch it if you could. A check on the tv schedule shows that it is only broadcast on weekdays *sad*.

There aren't many good programmes for the young. I'm not sure if it's because we have boys, at least for Kieran, he is at the stage of "fights". Not that he fights with someone, but he likes to swish sword-like stuff around or play pretend that he's a warrior or the red Power Ranger. We never exposed him to such programmes but he gets to watch them at childcare centre somehow...

My ex-lecturer from NUS who has brilliant kids (a boy and a girl) once told me there was nothing wrong with such programmes so long we provide parental guidance. His son grew up with transformers and is a fine young man now.

2 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

Thanks for recommending another site for kids :)

I guessed Kieran got to know abt it through his schoolmates coz my boy talks abt it with his friends in school too.

My LZ like pretend play too :) Sazer X, power rangers etc... I allow them to watch the programmes, like what your ex-lecturer said, parental guidance is very important. I constantly do that :)

shopaholic said...

Hi, hope u get to watch Shaun the Sheep and do tell me if you & the kids like it. I watched it with Raeyen yesterday but I think he wasn't as interested as he would to Thomas the Engine!

Yeah, they pick up alot of stuff from school kids. Mostly bad than good stuff though. Maybe I'm pessimistic in this area, but this is how I feel. Thereby, needs ALOT of guidance and patience from our end.