Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday 11 August 2007

Nursery Rhymes with a twist

I've always like to change the lyrics of nursery rhymes to fit the mood and situation whenever I'm with the boys. Especially now that Raeyen is only 2, it makes sense to reinvent the lyrics to add more punch to whatever we are doing.

I was reading Little Cloud by Eric Carle to Raeyen at bedtime and he was fascinated by the airplane that the little cloud had changed into. He blabbered, "airplane, airplane!" and I started singing to him with reinvented lyrics to the tune of "Fly, fly, fly, the butterfly".

Having been inspired by a project on nursery rhymes by Kieran's ex-teacher, Kei. I decided to document these rhymes with a twist bit by bit. Only that I am not as talented as her to draw them beautifully. Thank God I have digital scrapbooking and MS Powerpoint to count on!

Last August, while I was away and thinking of the boys, I posted an entry here on my reinvented "Rock-a-bye-baby".

0 cherubic angels: