Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 17 June 2008

Wo Shi Hong Qi Yang

That's Hanyu Pinyin for "I am Foong Kieran".

The kiasu me managed to convince hubby that it is TIME to put Kieran in Hanyu Pinyin class (after I've heard horror stories from friends about how tough it was for their kids at P1). And so, together with the hyper Raeyen, we went to Beijing Language School to enrol him for the new term starting Sunday 29 June at 4.30pm till 6pm.

Kieran's extra-curriculum classes as follows:

Saturday 1200-1300 Gymnastic
Sunday 1400-1500 Swimming
Sunday 1630-1800 Hanyu Pinyin

I still remember I learned Hanyu Pinyin at P3 (psst, and I loved it, unbelievable right?). However, I don't think I would have the patience to teach my offspring.

2 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

Oh yes! Hanyu pinyin! For the first term especially, they do most of their work in that. Gradually they do less :) Experience from my girl who is curently in P1 :)

If he has good foundation, it shouldn't be a problem when he goes to P1 :)

shopaholic said...

Thanks for the advice. That's what we heard and we were freaked out. He could hardly master phonics, the addition of hanyu pinyin will only add to his burden.