Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 14 September 2008

Glimpses of Mumbai

Second time to Mumbai recently and with all business trips, every trip is "touch-and-go".

Caught glimpses of this busy sleepless city while in a car.

Had dinner with an old friend, Amit and his wife, Chitra. It was a great evening as we chatted about old times, work and family.

Mumbai is a great place as the people and food are good, but not the airport and bad traffic, . It is also sad to see people (especially kids) living in the slumps. Mumbai is plagued with monsoon and I wonder these people living under tins and plastic must have a terrible time. We should be grateful for what we have, really.

4 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

It is so sad to see the living condition of the people there. I was there many years back and I was shocked.

Another thing that I don't forget about the place is the people are very friendly.

Yes, We should be grateful and appreciate what we have.

shopaholic said...

Yup, I was there a few years back and nothing much has changed since.

Mumbai is generally nice, my colleague said Delhi is relatively less safe than Mumbai (ie ladies can't go out alone at night).

Anonymous said...

Nice pics, Pris!

India is a place which I've always wanted to go, just for the expereince, and now with Rae. all the more I want her to know how fortunate she is.

shopaholic said...

Hi Val

Yes, in fact Mumbai is nice (I've only been to Mumbai in India) - I love the food but not the desserts which are too sweet. I'd love to visit Agra for the Tag Mahal one day and Goa for its resort.

To let Rae experience the likes, you may start with Cambodia or Vietnam.