Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday 17 October 2009

More decades of love

9 October 1999. I got married to a wonderful man who loves me dearly.


9 October 2009. We celebrated our full decade of love in a laid-back fashion, very us, and just us. Had a simple casual lunch at Relish by Wild Rocket. Had wanted to go Wild Rocket at Mount Emily but it was closed for renovation. At Relish, he had a yummy blue cheese beef burger with rucola, poached pear and walnut butter with fries while I had succulent beef cheeks with mashed potato. Desserts were perfect - warm molten chocolate cake and black sesame puree, both with vanilla ice-cream.

I wore a LBD from Guess Jeans, which my little angels helped pick. I love it and the 10th wedding anniversary was a perfect occasion to wear it.

I insisted of getting a cake to complete the celebration with our little ones. They were thrilled, involving them is a natural thing to do for a mommy.

After 10 years of marriage, our love is like an unspoken relationship, at least for him (hence no flowers, very pragmatic). I am very expressive and I like to be told that someone cares, etc. Hubby on the other hand, is more reserved and he always thinks I should know what he is thinking without him saying it.

I asked him why didn't he ask me to call him every time I travel on business to know if I have landed or reached my hotel safely. He said it's because I used to call him so it's understood that I would call and there was no need to remind me to call him, and of course he cared about my safety when am overseas. But this is not the point. Men..... most men are like him, I guess.

Whenever my male colleague told me about where he would be going for short vacation because, "my wife likes it" or where they will dine because, "my wife likes to eat that", I can't help but have pangs of envy. Deep down, I know my hubby does things my way in an unspoken way. BUT, I still like it if he tells and says so.

I have to accept for what he is; afterall he gave me 2 beautiful boys because I wanted kids (though a little princess will complete the picture).

To more decades of love!

1 cherubic angels:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you and huuby and many,many, many unspoken but you-should-know-i-love-&-care-for-you years to come!*wink*