Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 30 March 2008

The Return of the HFMD

The HFMD is very dreadful....

The childcare centre has 11 cases 2 weeks ago and just last week, the Kindy has 2-3 cases and 1 chicken pox case. Last Friday, the Kindy called me about Kieran's ulcer and asked if I knew.

I explained how he got the ulcer - he knocked his lips on a toy car while playing hide-and-seek with Raeyen and Yani (our helper). It was good to know that the Kindy has been very vigilant and observant of such sightings in the kids.

However, I don't understand why is HFMD so deadly and scary. It is rampant and seems seasonal. I could only urge all parents and caregivers to be watchful and mindful of hygiene. Inculcating the right values and the importance of hygiene to the kids as well as to practise the same themselves is paramount. It irks me when someone spits, sneezes/coughs without covering his/her mouth.

0 cherubic angels: