Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 29 September 2006

Hot hot hot

Warm heat greeted me upon exiting Changi Int'l Airport T1 last night from my trip to Germany. I was in Mannheim/Ludwigshafen on a working trip since Sunday and the cool weather there at about 20 degrees Celcius was fantastic! It was a long trip from Singapore as I took a connecting flight from Bangkok by Thai Airways. All direct flights were fully-booked, wonder if the recently ended IMF/WB event had a part to play?

As I landed at Frankfurt Airport past 6am local time, I called Kieran as he would have finished his mini graduation concert at Yamaha with his dad (Singapore is 6 hours ahead). He was elated when I called. I told him I had just landed and he asked if I would be taking the return flight right away. I laughed at his naivitivity.

Water Tower near Rosengarten:















We went to Heidelberg but I did not go up to the castle as my friends were there for many times already. For lunch, we had bratwurst with saurkraut and kartofen, it was yummy, see photo:















Most shops are closed on Sunday, except for the eateries, so it was kind of boring as I could buy nothing much basically. As berries are in season, we also had a mixed berries cake, see the window displays of a bakery:
I returned yesterday via Bangkok and was one of the first passengers arriving at the new Suvarnabhumi airport. It was spacious but the walk to my departure gate was a very long one and some airconditioning was not working. Our flight was delayed by 30 minutes as we waited for the bus to bring us to our plane. Not a smooth start I must say for the new airport. I have taken some photos as my transit time was almost 4 hours!

0 cherubic angels: