Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 31 October 2006

Good Morning Vietnam!

I came to Vietnam (well, Hoi An, Danang to be exact) on Sunday from Singapore - HCMCity. Yes, Sunday is a dreadful day to travel for business :(

While I took Singapore Airlines to HCMCity, the experience on the domestic flight with Vietnam Airlines was a far cry from my national carrier. The attendant literally shoved the boxed meal into my face without a word! The wrapped up sandwich tasted weird and definitely didn't look appetizing but the 2 tiny bananas were good. The seats are very cramp as the leg-room is ultra narrow. Thank God the flight was only an hour and the pilot gave a smooth take-off and landing.

It rained in Danang and our transfer took about 45 minutes to Hoi An, Palm Garden Resort. After our whole-day workshop on Monday, together with 2 other colleagues, we went shopping in the evening and I bought 6 shawls at average US$5 each. I also took photos of an old local cafe.

I miss my 3 boys at home, especially Raeyen as he is still nursing a cold and runny nose. Hubby said Kieran was very cranky this morning and didn't want to go to school. I remember Kieran said to me on Sunday "I want Mommy!" as he knew I was departing later that day. I assured him that I love him and asked him to countdown to Friday as we will go to Chiangmai for holiday the next day with our family friends!

I really look forward to the holiday as it coincides with the Loy Krathong festival.

0 cherubic angels: