Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 10 October 2006

Life is like a box of ...

... fortune cookies

I was shocked when hubby told me last week that 4 men were hit by a sudden wave somewhere in Perth and were/are employees of a Singapore aerospace company. My 3rd bro Joo works in the same company in Perth and I quickly SMS his wife.

While Joo was not fishing with them, he was deeply disturbed by the mishap as he knows all 4 men. Life is not exactly like a box of chocolates though they may be bitter or sweet; it is also like a box of fortune cookies, no one knows what's coming to you tomorrow or even the next minute.

Last Friday, my company had an annual flu vaccination exercise for all employees, I went for my shot as usual. One of my good friends at work didn't want to take the jab for fear of the needle pain. I know her predicament but it's only a one-second shot of pain. Life is so unpedictable, we should really cherish what we have and seize every second and opportunity we have got to do what we want. Take a break and smell the roses. Watch the kiddos grow and learn from them as much as what we can teach them.

Kieran came home this evening with a packet of Hello Kitty marshmallows from a friend who just returned from a holiday in Japan. I promised that he could eat it after dinner. After dinner, he quickly dashed to the fridge for his candy and his happy face delighted me. He made me happier when he offered one to his little brother Raeyen. But when Raeyen wanted more, Kieran couldn't bear to part with his last mashmallow. Nevertheless, it is my fortune to be able to watch them grow together and love each other.

My 2 starry angels, taken on 24 Jun 06:

0 cherubic angels: