Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday 8 October 2006

Vivo "va va boom" experience

I brought Kieran to VivoCity on Saturday morning for its opening day.

As Kieran did not have breakfast, we went to Coffee Bean on the 2nd floor. Kieran was obedient enough to "guard" our table while I ordered food & my cuppa. After two reminders to the staff about his breakfast, it was still nowhere in sight. The server said due to huge orders, we had to wait despite already waited for almost 30 minutes, and it was not crowded! I told her we did not want to wait and asked for a refund. Miraculously, she returned in less than 2 minutes with his breakfast! I did not like the fact that after kicking a fuss could we then get our food. So I told her we had no appetite for it and wanted a refund. It was an unpleasant experience. I mean, they could have stopped taking breakfast order if the kitchen could not manage or at least inform customers the estimated waiting time, certainly "your food will be served shortly" is not good enough.

Then we went to Tangs on the 1st floor and were "refreshed" as the staff gave us a tiny Tangs bag with 2 Mandarin oranges. While I dislike its new papaer bag as the handle is uneasy to carry, I love its retro decor and nice clothes! Kieran was a dearie as he accompanied his "vainpot" mommy from fitting room to the next as I tried oh-so-many nice outfit. My second sis joined us shortly and I introduced her a label "IE", abbreviation for "Individual Expression". Their clothes are unique and reasonably-priced. The promoter told me they have an in-store at Taka and a boutique at Heeren. I couldn't resist and bought a nice light peachy pink jacket at $89, kept in a larger Tangs paper bag. God I hate the paper bag handle as I could not hang it on my forearm so that I could continue to browse at ease! My sis bought 2 skirts from them at $59 and $79 each. We paid and was rewarded with a nice tote for having spent a minimum amount of $120 at Tangs.

We went to Pacific Coffee on 2nd floor for cakes and realised the outdoor seating has a great view overlooking Sentosa BUT the haze killed the climax! We sat indoor and enjoyed the cakes before we headed to Tangs Home. Kieran pestered to go to Toys R Us and we parted ways with my sis as she needed to rush for a show. As I was helping Kieran tried on a helmet, I left the Tangs paper bag on the floor. The helmet fitted him well and we headed to the cashier and the queue was long. When it was nearly my turn, I realised my Tangs carrier (and my dear newly bought jacket) was not with me. We hurried back to the helmet section but it was gone. I alerted the staff and left my phone number with them. It was in vain as no one returned the bag to their info counter.

I was very disappointed and we went to Tangs customer service counter to report the loss. My mood was down and we decided to go home. Kieran fell asleep in the train and hubby came to SengKang station to fetch us home.

The haze was so bad (PSI at 143) we ordered pizza for dinner instead of eating out. Wonder why is Indonesia always having fire? And since it's not raining, why couldn't our government sprinkle some water over the sky by enlisting help from MINDEF?

At about 9.30pm, Joyce of Tangs VivoCity called and said that they would investigate about the loss. But I think the chances are quite slim. Then she called less than 10 minutes later that a female shopper just called that she realised she had an extra shopping bag from Tangs but the item wasn't hers, and it seems that it's likely my jacket. Joyce promised to pick it up from the lady on Monday and feedback to me.

I'm crossing my fingers! I hope it is mine so that I can sashay my new "found" jacket.

Kieran (taken 2 weeks later @ Swensen VivoCity)

0 cherubic angels: