Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 3 September 2007

Mycoplasma attack!

I have contracted mycoplasma and unfortunately the boys got this dreaded bacteria from me. Now the whole clan, except hubby is on Klacid antibiotic.

I have been coughing for couple of months and it turned bad on 13 August and doc said it was some viral infection. Well, it got worse and I saw another doc at my workplace. A week later or so, I didn't get better, took a chest x-ray and blood test and received both good and bad news. The x-ray shows good lungs = no signs of pneumonia but the blood test shows mycoplasma positive.

The hardest part is I couldn't kiss the boys as usual (for so long already) and because I am their mother, their contraction was somewhat natural - the paediatrician advised.

Due to this idiotic bacteria, doc has grounded me from my impending business trip to Incredible !ndia for fear that the pollution their might aggravate my condition. Doc has to review my condition on Tuesday to determine if I could still go Shanghai the week after.

Kieran's condition is much worse than Raeyen as he has a congested and sensitive nose. Not only he has the same 3 medicines like Raeyen, the PD also prescribed a nasal spray (Nasonex), Aerius and Singulair. However, I am relief to know from both docs that we will be fine by the time we go Perth for holiday later this month.

2 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

Oh dear! Wish all of you a speedy recovery!

shopaholic said...

Thanks! Doc gave me a clean bill of health, despite lingering cough persists. No need for Klacid at least. But Raeyen's cough is not improving while Kieran got better.