Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 19 December 2006

Maid scouting follow-up

Kieran (almost 3 yrs old) with Raeyen (a few hrs old, taken on 10 Jul 05)

My agent arranged a conference call for me to interview Yati.

21-year old Yati is mild-mannered. Her command of English is poorer than Yani but better than those who are completely new to working in Singapore. She worked here for 2 years (left in Jun 06) at Bishan Blk 186. Did housework, care for a granny and the employers have a teen. Though she never cooked, she claimed she could and would love to care of young kids.

I gave her a scenario ... if Kieran and Raeyen were fighting for a toy, what would she do. At first she couldn't understand my question until my agent translated. She said she would focus on one kid first and talk nicely to both, making sure things work out happily. She said she would treat my boys as were her brothers.

Agent called me after the interview ended and I decided to hire Yati.

To ensure all goes well at home with a new maid, hubby decided to quit his job and work part-time. This is a huge leap and we have to be mentally prepared. I appreciate very much what my hubby had planned. And, this is the best of all options we have. Once Yati is settled and earned our trust, hubby will look for a new full-time job. At the very least, this will give him a good opportunity to bond with Raeyen.

"Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories." John Wilmot

0 cherubic angels: