Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 18 December 2006

Shopping & maid scouting

Took Kieran to VivoCity to meet my 2nd sis - Choo by MRT on Saturday. We had coffee (hot choco & cupcake for Kieran) @ Gloria Jean. Was so glad that there's San Bookshop there and rented the 2nd volume of the Shopaholic series - Shopaholic Abroad (also known as "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan) as I just finished reading the 1st volume while in the MRT (see my conversation with Kieran when I was reading).

Kieran: Mommy, why is your mouth not open?
Me: Why should my mouth be open?
Kieran: How do you read when your mouth is not open?
Me: Oh, adults usually don't read aloud like children, we read by heart.
Kieran: No, you must read with your mouth open.


We went shopping as Choo had a lot of Christmas gifts to buy. I managed to buy a brown Mango stretch tee with "MANGO" in diamante iron-on at $23 (original price was $30)! We had lunch at HK Kim Gary (like a cha can-tang in Hong Kong), the service and food were good. Price is reasonable too, average S$8 for set lunch which includes drink, soup and main course.

She sent us home as hubby & I had an appointment with the maid agency at 4pm.

After settling Kieran @ home, hubby & I went to the agency ... looked through the database after the agent understood our needs, ie taking care of Raeyen and conversant in English. We selected Yati, a 21-year old Indonesian who used to work for a family in Singapore for 2 years. We paid the fees, insurance, etc and hope for the best.

If all goes well, Yati may be able to arrive Singapore by mid-Jan. When I told Kieran about Yani's leaving, he went to her "Kak-kak, can you stay?" Sigh...

2 cherubic angels:

LZmommy said...

Gagaga.... Kieran is sooo funny!

Hope you boys will like your new maid too :)

shopaholic said...

Thanks to u, u inspired me to record little anecdotes, else it didn't occur to me to do so!