Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday 21 December 2006

Pass it on

I was in the MRT after work from Dhoby Ghaut towards Punggol. Entering with me into the crowded train were an elderly lady (maybe >70yr) and another (>55yr) carrying a 3yr old girl.

As usual, no one bothered to offer their seats until one gave up. As I was standing infront of a young man who sat on the hot seat (near the door) which is meant for people who need more. I asked him, "Aren't you going to give up your seat to this lady and a girl?" He seemed cross, stared at me, "What?", I replied, "Didn't you see they obviously need a seat?" He got up and muttered Hokkien to the lady gesturing her to take his seat.

Why should people be told? Is it very difficult to give up one's seat graciously?

I remember when I was in my 1st trimester with Raeyen, I gave up my seat for one who's in her advance pregnancy while the rest "acted blur".

I always tell Kieran that we have to give up our seat or lend a helping hand to those in need. Sure, sometimes we are not sure if that someone really needs our help, but there is no harm asking. If the person refuses, ok so be it. There is no shame at all.

Be nice, be thoughtful and pass it on.

0 cherubic angels: